Saturday, November 8, 2008

hermit crab

You've seen them in the pet store hiding in their shells. And you've probably tried to coax them out, too, only to be grossed out by their bazaar appearance. Prepare yourself. Glamour-R-Us is found nowhere in this tale of, "Hermit Crab in Flight"



People have asked me about the scenery. "Was it beautiful?" Who cares about scenery when you're trying to preserve your life and not swear like a sailor while doing so?



























"Did it 'get' your stomach?" What stomach? For 2 minutes you feel like you're in a wind tunnel, except you're falling-and that's at 120mph with a dude strapped to your back trying to take pictures of you. Then you get whipped back up 2 kazillion feet, when the 'chute opens and the word harness takes on a whole new meaning. Corsett, PUSHUP BRA, tribal torture methods of white safari hunters in Tarzan movies flashed into my mind. Who even knows if you have a stomach?

"Would you do it again?" I would do it again-for the same reason I did it this time, but I would be just as scared and my photos would be just as frightening. I would relax and enjoy the ride next time-I'm saying that with my feet firmly planted on the ground, of course. It was "fun" being there with Sara and if my being there increased her enjoyment, it was worth it. I know it increased her laughter!

"Sissy Aunt"? (I love you, too, Jody)"Wanny Baby Mom"? "Dork" and "Nerd"? They don't fit me anymore. I graduated to "COOL" according to my daughter and I can never return!



We (Richard and I, and likely Sara) are taking a cross country motorcycle trip this coming Spring. My dad wants to be in the pilot car, so that along the way, we can pull up to the side of it and he can hand us drinks out the window. Any takers on driving Grandpa's pilot car? Anybody else have any bucket list items they want me to be a part of?













2 comments:

Jami said...

Want to learn to surf in Costa Rica with me?

Love these photos! That looks incredibly exciting...or something. :)

Nan said...

Truly....I am amazed STILL! I know we all would go to great lengths for our kids but if my kids said, "Hey Mom, wanna jump out of a plane?"...I would probably do it!