
In Tarpon Springs, Florida, they sell "Shells Wholesale to the Public Sponges"! So, we spent the day being "public sponges" with Ruben, Margaret and our grandsons, Andrew, Chris, Sam and Bradley.
The boys are active, lively, hysterically funny, and adorable. The hotel we stayed at in Clearwater Beach had an elevator. The first time the 8 of us approached it, they raced to hit the button. I was thinking surely it was to be the first to enter and prepare for my favorite elevator trick-jump when it begins to descend. I was so wrong.
Sam hit the elevator button, then all four boys lined up along the wall and with a sweeping arm motion, said, "Ladies first."
Not once, not twice, but every time we approached a door, a chair, or a morsel of food. "Ladies first" was the comment.
And then they'd have a burping contest.
Kudos to Ruben and Margaret for raising such well mannered, yet normal boys.
We miss our Georgia boys. We miss being involved in their daily comings and goings. We miss getting to be the fun grandparents. When Richard goes to Florida, and as his time allows, he drives up to Georgia for the weekend. I spend those weekends in Utah feeling jealous, envious, and wishing I was there or that they were here. I think the Grandma Sponge should get her wish more often.


No comments:
Post a Comment