My dad is 86 years old and has just returned home from the hospital. Somewhere between my childhood and the present, I must have quit seeing him age. In my mind's eye, he is still almost six feet tall, as strong as an ox, and a great tease. I see his humongous hands, now atrophied with age and I wonder when that happened. When did my dad become "elderly"?
As I helped him get settled into his recliner, following his hospital stay, I looked directly into his eyes-we are now the same height. I'm thankful to have the opportunity to see eye to eye with a great man.
2 comments:
Speaking of seeing out of your eyes- I can't because mine are full of tears. Cute Grandpa.
My Dad isn't old yet....is he? Nice picture and nice tribute. There will always be something about Daddy's hands. I loved them when I was little and love them still today. I don't know another man alive with Hands like my Dad!
Post a Comment